High Temperature Vessels
High temperature processing vessels, such as coal gasifiers, reactor vessels, and induction furnaces usually have an inner shell made of refractory materials.
Over time, the refractory materials will sustain damage through cracking, degradation, and flame burner impingement. These symptoms will cause the outer shell to overheat, which will in turn reduce the containment strength of the outer shell, creating potentially catastrophic conditions. Therefore, it is crucial to monitor the outer skin temperature of these vessels.
Senkox HSD™ Linear Hot Spot Detectors provide an ideal solution for detecting hot spots on the outer skin. The Senkox HSD™ Linear Heat Sensors (LHS) are steel shielded for high temperature applications and can work in conditions up to 600 °C.
Senkox HSD™ Linear Hot Spot Detectors continuously monitor the entire surface of the vessel’s outer skin temperature in real-time, providing valuable information about localized hot spot temperatures as well as localized overheating temperatures, ultimately indicating the potential deterioration of the refractory lining.
- Intrinsically safe; can be installed in hazardous locations.
- Rugged sensors with extra strength protection to withstand high abrasion and stress.
- Sensors withstand high temperature and can be restored after alarm.
- Simple system layout, easy installation and maintenance.
- Detects hot spot size, temperature and position in real-time.
- Provides the rate of temperature change (ROTC).