Coal Storage Temperature Monitoring System
Spontaneous combustion has long been recognized as a fire hazard in coal storage facilities such as coal silos and sheds. These accidents usually begin as “hot spots” generated by oxidation and the poor release of heat deep in the coal silo, eventually resulting in widespread fires. Therefore, it is imperative to monitor “hot spots” within coal silos. Since coal silos are generally very large in volume, the temperature monitoring system involved has to be composed of distributed sensors that are able to cover large areas within the silo. Moreover, the temperature sensors must also be very durable to be able to withstand the stresses of coal loading and unloading.
The Senkox TDS-CS Temperature Monitoring System is specifically designed for temperature monitoring in coal storage facilities. The TDS-CS system is composed of multiple Senkox HSD Linear Hot Spot Detectors and accessories; the HSD Linear Hot Spot Detector includes HSD linear heat sensors and DAQ modules.
- Sensors are intrinsically safe, and can be installed in hazardous locations.
- Durable sensors with extra strength protection made to withstand high abrasion and stress.
- Sensors are able to withstand high temperature and can be reused repeatedly.
- Flexible layout able to cover any variety of size and configuration.
- Low maintenance.
- Detects the hot spot temperature in real-time.
- Details the position of any hot spot.
- Provides rate of temperature change (ROTC).
|Sensor||HSD Linear heat sensor|
|Sensor Type||TLA, TLB, TLF, TPLA|
|Working Temperature||-40 to 260 degrees C (Sensor)|
|Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 degrees C Relative humidity: 0 to 95%, non-condensing|
|Protection Degree||Sensor: IP68; Control Panel: IP65.|
|Sensor Channels||Up to 24|
|Communication Interface||RS 485 Port, Modbus/RTU Protocol|
|Power Supply||12 to 35V DC, 10W max|
|Hazardous Location||Sensor: Class I, Division 1
Control Panel: Class I, Division 2