Cable Tray Temperature Monitoring System
Power plants and industrial buildings often have miles of cable trays that carry power, data, and communication cables. Accumulation of heat from overloading, short circuiting, and aging cable often presents a fire hazard that can ultimately lead to lengthy downtime and large economic loss.
Cable trays are often stacked underground, above the ceiling, or through the walls. As a result, the trays often take tight turns and are frequently placed in contorted positions. In addition, over time, old trays need to be removed and new trays added. Therefore, any temperature monitoring system associated with the trays must be durable and flexible to accommodate these conditions.
The Senkox TDS-CT Temperature Monitoring System provides an ideal solution for the temperature monitoring of cable trays. The system is composed of multiple Senkox HSD Linear Hot Spot Detectors and accessories; the HSD Linear Hot Spot Detector includes HSD linear heat sensors and DAQ modules.
- Continuous linear sensor provides intimate coverage.
- Able to withstand high temperature and can be reused repeatedly.
- Durable and resistant to stretch and bending.
- Easy installation and replacement.
- Flexible layout able to cover any variety of size and configuration.
- Low maintenance.
- Detects the hot spot temperature in real-time.
- Details the position and size of any hot spot.
- Provides rate of temperature change (ROTC).
|HSD Linear heat sensor
|TLA, TLB, TLF, TPLA
|-40 to 260 degrees C (Sensor)
|Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 degrees C Relative humidity: 0 to 95%, non-condensing
|Sensor: IP68; Control Panel: IP65.
|Up to 24
|RS 485 Port, Modbus/RTU Protocol
|12 to 35V DC, 10W max
|Sensor: Class I, Division 1
Control Panel: Class I, Division 2